The Bactiquant-surface method has been developed for rapid assessment of bacterial contamination after flooding, sewage backflow or spills. Bactiquant-surface can give a rapid answer to the questions, "Is the surface contaminated or just dirty? Is a surface successfully cleaned?"
Though this has been the main use of the method, consultants and contractors have found that the method is also very useful when investigating building with water damage or moisture problems in general. Many times consultants are called in to look for mould and may overlook the fact that bacteria can be the problem. Contrary to mould growth which often gives visual discolouration, bacterial growth in moist/wet areas of a building are often not visible. Taking a sample on a surface that visually doesn’t appear contaminated and then getting results that show high levels of bacteria has taken many a consultant by surprise.
- Initial diagnostic assessment
- Rapid remediation clearance testing
- Pre/Post HVAC cleaning documentation
- Healthy Building Assessments
- Expedite disaster response damage assessment
- Healthcare ICRA documentation
- Routine maintenance cleaning confirmation